I've had a great time at the Night of the Arts & Science. In the morning I had the time to place my work in the exposition space and an hour before the start of the event I configured the whole installation. There was one little problem during the event, somebody pulled the power-plug of my installation for a coffee machine within the first hour we were open.
After starting de whole installation again I found out that the recalling of the saved settings didn't work properly. The installation was running, but the projections and the moving projection surface weren't aligned properly anymore. I had to leave it running this way because configuring during the event would take to much time and would look awkward.
I found out that the work didn't communicate the concept and the ideas behind it that well. The audience couldn't see the difference between the several stages like the mutations and the graphic representation of that new breed.
I think that the work needs sound and or sounds to provide them with an auditive feedback as well for the several stages.
Another quite logic error was that the sonic range sensors were seen as doorbells or some other kind of button they had to push. I'm considering to remove them and replace it with something else that could detect the presence of people around the installation or another form of interaction.
It was a good experience to have the sculpture exposed two times by now. The first time was a week earlier for a preview of the AValanche project for the Noorderzon Performing Arts Festival.
Right now I've got some time left to rethink certain aspects of the installation and make some adjustments. At the end of August the work is shown at the Noorderzon Festival in Groningen.